Gus Walz captured the internet's heart with his tearful display of love for his father, but the frenzy soon began.

Gus Walz became an internet sensation with his tearful display of love for his father, but the praise quickly turned into online bullying.

 


CHICAGO - An emotional,unscripted moment between Tim Walz and his 17-year-old son, Gus, drew a wave ofpraise but also some harsh online bullying.

 

Gus Walz, who has a nonverbal learning illness, anxiety & ADHD, sat in the front row of the United Center in Chicago, watching eagerly as his father, the Democratic vice-presidential nominee, delivered his receiving speech at the Democratic National Convention.

 

As the Minnesota governor shared the trials he & his wife, Gwen, faced regarding their daughter, hope, he spoken his deep love for his family, saying, "Hope, Gus & Gwen, you are my whole world & I love you."

 

Overcome with emotion, Gus stood up, tears running down his face, pointed to his father and shouted, "I love you, Dad," followed by, "That's my dad!" The touching conversation, captured live on television, quickly went viral, garnering prevalent praise online.

 

Fox News posted a clip of the touching moment on TikTok, captioning it, "Gus Walz steals the show during dad's getting speech." The comments were overwhelmingly supportive. Chastain Buttigieg, husband of Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg, wrote in X, “I hope to inspire my kids so much that when they see me talk about my dreams and passion for my country. They tear up like Gus Walz. "

 

He added, “Tim Walz has enthusiastic his life to service and has clearly excelled as a supportive and loving father. We should all experience that kind of love.”

 

U.S. Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., who spoke before Walz that night, praised the bond between Walz and her children. "You know you've done a good job as a parent when your kids are as proud as Tim Walz. " He wrote in X "

 

Actress Mia Farrow also weighed in, saying, “God! When young Gus Walz, Gwen and Tim Walz's beloved son, cried out with tears of pride, 'That's my daddy,' he won my heart."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post